Butterwell Estate Limited (“Butterwell”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy describes how we collect, retain and use personal information of potential, current and former customers. It applies to information collected by Butterwell about customers either directly or by its service providers, business referrers and intermediaries. We are registered under the Data Protection Act ZA060694
Data Protection Philosophy
Butterwell is a “data controller” and is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
We will always comply with data protection law, which requires your personal information to be:
– used lawfully, fairly and transparently
– collected for valid purposes which have been explained
– accurately and securely kept
– retained only for as long is necessary
Personal Data We Collect
We only collect the following data.
Organisation, Title, First Name, Initial, Last Name, Address, City/Town, Post Code, County, Province, Country, Telephone Number, Mobile Number, Fax Number, Email Address, Customer Password (encrypted), Mailing list preference, Language, Nationality, Car Registration.
We do not collect any particularly sensitive personal information as a matter of policy unless in extreme circumstances to comply with legal obligations. In this eventuality we will always seek consent to do so.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information from you when you are booking accommodation or fishing with us either directly or indirectly through our website or via a booking agent or via direct contact by email or telephone.
How We Will Use Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information in the following specific circumstances:
– to complete your booking and contractual services to you
– to keep you updated on Butterwell through our Newsletters, provided you have confirmed you wish to receive these communications
– to comply with any other legal obligations.
Your Personal information will never be used or provided to a third party for any other purpose.
Which Third Parties Service Providers Process Your Personal Information
The following third parties are authorised by us to process your personal information:
– Campstead, Holiday Cottages, Airbnb, Owners Direct and Holiday Lettings to process you’re booking
– Mailchimp to provide Newsletters
– Secure payment service provider to facilitate your payments: Sagepay.
We have in place security measures to prevent your personal information being lost, used, altered, accessed or disclosed in an unauthorised way. Third parties have confirmed their security arrangements and will only process personal information on our instruction and are subject to normal duties of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil legal obligations, although we will retain contact details of customers who have chosen to receive our newsletter until such time as they choose to unsubscribe.
You have the right to:
– Access your personal data
– Correct your personal data
– Erase your personal data
– Withdraw consent to the use of your personal data.
We reserve the right to update this policy
Rachel d’Avigdor-Hamilton on 01208 831 515